How can i Get information Delta airlines infant policy
When it comes to traveling by Delta Airlines with children, you can travel with a kid who is up
to 14 years old, or an infant under 2 years old. So, knowing Delta airlines infant policy will make
your journey enjoyable. In the post, we will discuss the entire process that will assist you
If you are traveling with infants there is a need to know about infant policies. Before booking a
flight within Delta, you should visit the airline portal to know the infant policies. If you have
made new parents, it can be difficult to travel with a newborn.
What is Delta airline infant policy?
Delta airline is known for its amenities and well-trained staff that take care of passengers
beautifully. If you are traveling with kids, choosing Delta airways is your best decision. Here we
will discuss the regulations of flying with infants and how you can reserve a seat for your infants.
Let’s read here-
- If your kid is under 2-year you can fly with Delta without paying kids flight charges.
- In case you have above the age of 2-year kid then you have to pay his or her ticket charges.
- You have to carry FAA approved car seats.
- If you are planning to fly within more than one child then you have to purchase a ticket as per their age.
- Delta airline offers a policy for the age of 5-to-15-year kids known as Delta Airline Unaccompanied Minor.
How can you book ticket for your infant using Delta airlines infant policy?
You can take your kid in your lap if she or he is less than two years old. Therefore, there is no
requirement to book additional seat. But you have to add your infant in the reserved flight
booking. The infant seat reserve policy is simple. You have to just follow the below-mentioned
- First you have to go to the official website of the Delat airways.
- Now tap on my trip option.
- You have to put in your flight confirmation code and your name.
- Now in the menu choose a special service request.
- Tap on the open option showing the infant in the arm section.
- Now tap on next to request in arms to include your kid.
- After that fill all the needed information and press the confirm button.
What about the Delta infant age policy?
Here we are telling you about the age restrictions within Delta Airline. It will help you to avoid
- If the infant you are taking with you is younger than eight days. A doctor's note attesting
to the infant's fitness for flight is required if the newborn is less than seven days old.
- However, there is a cap on the number of newborns per adult that Delta Airlines will
allow. Persons above 18 years can accompany two infants only under 2 years.
- Two-year-old children may only go with their parents or a guardian. The airline
unmaintained program does not provide benefits to children under the age of two.
- Regardless of age, your child needs a passport if you are traveling abroad. Remember to
take your child's birth certificate copy. It will be a valid proof for parental relationship or
the child's age.
- If your kid is 7 to 10 days old then you need an approval letter from you. The letter
should clearly should mentioned that you can fly with infant
If your child comes under the category of baby in arms then you do not need to pay any extra
charges as per Delta infant rules. But if your child is above to two year you have to buy a ticket
for her or him. To further guidance you can read Delta airlines infant policy.
Infant policy delta airlines stated that Children under the age of two do not need a ticket.
According to the FAA, but that means your infant will ride on your lap. You might not be able to
hold your infant safely in your arms if there is instability or worse. Check with your airline to see
whether you may utilize an empty seat if you choose not to purchase a ticket for your youngster.
As per the Delta infant rules only one lap-held one adult passenger per FAA safety regulations
may carry a child. A seat has to be booked for the additional infant if an adult passenger is
traveling with two infants. On domestic flights, infants using a seat must have a ticket and pay
the full fee.
- Infants under two years old who sit on an adult's lap are admitted free of charge on
domestic Delta Airlines flights.
- Children of any age traveling within the United States are not eligible for reduced flights
on Delta Airlines.
- When taking an overseas trip with a baby on your lap, the reduced infant cost is typically
10% of the adult fare plus any applicable foreign taxes or levies, which can add up to a
- Depending on the kid's age, Delta may provide lower child prices when reserving
reservations for them on foreign flights.
- When seated on an adult's lap, babies under the age of two ride for free on domestic Delta
Airlines flights. The aforementioned lower baby cost applies to flights abroad.
Read Also: Delta Airlines boarding pass